Hermitage offers a combination of quality of life and location:
- Affordable Housing
- Low crime rates
- Access to major cities, their professional sports, major colleges and cultural attractions
- Regional access to an incredible array of historical sites, scenic attractions and natural resource
The City of Hermitage is a growing community and the atmosphere is small town/suburban with exceptional housing opportunities, recreational facilities and educational facilities.
Hermitage is nestled in western Pennsylvania midway between Pittsburgh, Erie, Chicago, and New York City, at the junction of Interstates 79 and 80. (Learn more.) This offers unique location advantages for business development and is indeed a great place to visit, live, work, and invest.
Unique outdoor recreational opportunities abound with hunting, fishing, and boating at Goddard and Pymatuning State Parks and the PA Gamelands throughout the area. A one-hour drive to Erie, Akron, Pittsburgh and Cleveland further affords residents and businesses access to major league sporting events, cultural activities, and entertainment opportunities. Hermitage is also home to Buhl Farm Park, a beautiful 380 acre recreational facility with an outdoor public pool, picnic areas, a free 9-hole golf course, tennis courts, exercise trails, playground areas, and much more.
- Prime Outlets Grove City, one of the largest retail manufacturers’ outlets in the county with over 140 shops
- Reyers, the World’s Largest Shoe Store
- Kraynak’s, “your store for all seasons” with regionally recognized Christmas and Easter displays
- Candy shops and chocolate factories, including the famous Daffin’s Candies and Philadelphia Candies
- America’s oldest and largest continuous operating forge
- Abundance of theme restaurants
- The Shenango Valley Mall, with over 50 specialty shops
- 4 lakes for fishing, boating, and outdoor recreation
- 12 public golf courses including the world’s only free golf course
- Antique and craft shops
- The Vocal Group Hall of Fame
- Historical museums throughout the county
Hermitage and Mercer County are known for great individual and family-oriented recreation. Three state parks and the Shenango River Lake provide fun and relaxing activities such as fishing, trail-hiking, biking, swimming, hunting, boating, and an overall place of beauty for picnics and play. There are over nine area campgrounds for overnight getaways. For the sports enthusiast, enjoy a minor league baseball game by watching the nearby Mahoning Valley Scrappers, an affiliate of the Cleveland Indians, or enjoy dirt track auto racing every Saturday from April to October at Mercer Raceway Park. Also come and enjoy unique aspects of the county such as skydiving and air gliding, animal parks, and much, much more!
For a family making a housing decision or a business making a site decision, Hermitage, Pennsylvania is at the center of the action! Pennsylvania is within 500 miles of half of the U.S. population and purchasing power and four of the nation’s five largest markets. LindenPointe is a short day’s drive (6 hours or less) to major US markets: New York City, Philadelphia, PA; Washington, D.C.; Cincinnati, OH; Chicago, IL; and Detroit, MI as well as Toronto, Canada.
- Abundant housing options in all price ranges
- Outstanding educational opportunities (12 public schools, 4 parochial schools, 5 colleges, and 3 career schools)
- Superior health care facilities (3 major systems)
- 18 public/private golf and country clubs
- Beautiful lakes, rivers, reservoirs, and camping areas
- $60 million tourism base from a multi-state area and Canada
- Proximity to Erie, Akron, Pittsburgh and Cleveland cultural events and professional sports teams
Hermitage and the surrounding areas have a proud, cooperative workforce, friendly people, a low crime rate, low cost of living, and abundant recreation areas – all advantages of small town living. With its proximity to metropolitan areas, Mercer County’s location enables businesses and residents alike to enjoy the best of both worlds.